Satpula--The Bridge of Seven Openings
It was built by a later Tughlaq Muhammad Shah Tughlaq in 1380 to keep
the city in water, a precious commodity back then in the medieval
ages. It used to be a part of the massive ramparts of Jahanpanah and
must have been no less impressive itself. The dam is has seven arches
and involved a mechanism for sliding shutters that regulated the level
of water. At each end of the dam are octagonal chambers which were
once used as madrasas. Today Satpula is situated about half a
kilometer from Khirkee village and is vast vanishing.
Indiasite.com, a trusted name in the travel industry in India caters to all the needs of a tourist coming to India.
Any unauthourised duplication of this site is strictly prohibited and liable to prosecution.
Copyright © : indiasite.com (All rights reserved)