facebook twitter linkedin wordpress wordpress wordpress  

Home / Companies in India > Coal India Limited

Coal India Limited

(5 out of 5 based on 1 Ratings)
Coal India Limited

Coal India Limited (CIL) is an Indian state-controlled coal mining company headquartered in Kolkata, West Bengal and the world's largest coal miner with revenue exceeding 624.15 billion (FY 2012). It is the largest company in the world in terms of coal production. It employs nearly 397,000 person and is the largest corporate employer in the country. It was formerly owned entirely by the Union Government of India, under the administrative control of the Ministry of Coal. It is involved in coal mining and production industry. In 2010, CIL's initial public offering (IPO) got subscribed 15.28 times, collecting a record over 2.4 trillion - the highest IPO subscription so far. On the first day of its listing on the Sensex, its stock closed 40% higher than IPO price. It is India's largest ever public offer from Coal India Limited to raise up to 15,000 crore (US$2.73 billion). It is currently 90% owned by the Government of India with the remaining 10% owned by the public. The company is listed on BSE and NSE.

Below you will find details about Coal India Limited Company Profile, Share Price, News, Address, Management, Registrar and Contact Details.

Indutry Type

Mining and Minerals

Year of Incorporation


Registered Address

Coal Bhawan, No.10,
Netaji Subhas Road,
Kolkata - 700001
West Bengal
Tel: 033-22488099 033-22435147
Fax: 033-22435316


Corporate Contact Details

Coal Bhawan, No.10, Netaji Subhas Road
Kolkata - 700001
West Bengal - India
Phone : 22488099
Fax : 22435316


Company Registrar


Company Management

Name : Designation
N C Jha : Chairman and Managing director
A K Sinha : Director (Finance)
A K Rath : Independent Director
Sheela Bhide : Independent Director
Mohd Anis Ansari : Independent Director
Sachi Chaudhuri : Independent Director
Name : Designation
R Mohan Das : Director (Personnel)
Alok Perti : Part Time Official Director
S K Barua : Independent Director
Kamal R Gupta : Independent Director
R N Trivedi : Independent Director
Anjali Anand Srivastava : Part Time Official Director




Similar Companies

Post Your Reviews / Comments / Queries
Name :
Email :
Mobile :
(Your Email and Mobile will not be shared with anyone. It is just for replying to your comments / queries / questions. Your Queries will be answered by experts.)
Please Post your Reviews / Comments / Queries :
(Max 700 Characters allowed)

About us |  Contact us |  Privacy Policy |  Terms And Conditions |  Advertise with us
Copyright © : (All rights reserved)